Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tantalizing Thursday - Pork Chops with Apples

Welcome to Tantalizing Thursday on Chief 187 Chatter. The leaves in my part of the

world are starting to change colors, the air at night is definitely cooler, and the bounty available is changing at my grocery store. Autumn has arrived and the world around me changes wholly and completely. Eating healthfully and heartily is my goal and with the following recipe I intend to share I hope to be indulging in some satisfying autumn fare shortly.

Pork Chops and Apples
Recipe by http://BettyCrocker.com




Ingredients:

1 medium unpeeled cooking apple, sliced
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 pork rib chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick (about 1/4 pound each)


Directions:

• Heat oven to 350°F. Place apples in 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
• Remove fat from pork. Spray 8- or 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Cook pork in hot skillet about 5 minutes, turning once, until light brown.
• Place pork in single layer on apples. Cover and bake about 45 minutes or until pork is slightly pink when cut near the bone and apples are tender.



This recipe is meant for two people but can easily be doubled or tripled to fit the crowd you are feeding. Foods that are big on taste, easy to prepare, healthy, nutritious, and delicious are always a great way to go. Utilizing fresh produce (apples in this case) helps make this dish stand out. Let me know some of your favorite autumn entrées you enjoy preparing/serving!

Please join me tomorrow as we end this week with the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187 Chatter, my favorite way to unwind after a long productive week.

2 comments:

  1. OK dear. I will make this for my dinner tonight. Yum Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally Scrumptious ! I usually eat enough for six what times dinner ?

    ReplyDelete