Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Music Blog - Most Recent Best Discoveries

Welcome to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187 Chatter. This blog is consistently on my list of Simple Joys. From the first one published to today’s version, I am thrilled with any and all responses to the prompts I provide. Music seems to bond us, excite and entertain us, and move us passionately. Having a platform to promote, remind, and expose others of music of our liking is a Simple Joy that we all seem to have in common!


This week’s focus is you most recent best discoveries. This is a wide open topic that is unique to the responder.

Answers can and will range from independent artists who are known regionally to mainstream acts that only recently came onto your radar. There are no wrong answers so simply leave the songs and the performers who you recently discovered.



As we close another week on Chief 187 Chatter I am delighted to announce that well over 26000 pageviews have been realized! The growth that I saw at the height of summer has slowed down, but there is still a following that grows modestly. In addition, more wonderful things are happening in my career. As soon as I can I will share them, but, in the meantime, I am so very thankful to you all for your warm, welcoming response to my work.

Join me throughout the day and weekend for updates to this topic. Interactive blogs are most fun when EVERYBODY participates. Whether you comment daily/weekly (Hi Jules & Art) or simply lurk in the shadows to read what’s on tap for the day, please feel free and welcomed to add your favorite music to the weekly topic.

I invite you all to join me again on Monday for another week of entirely original and new blogs here on Chief 187 Chatter. Have a terrific weekend!

2 comments:

  1. As my photos indicate, the following artists and their music are my "latest discoveries". The sexy, funky, awesome strains of Jason Yudoff, Jenny Jump (ok, they're not recent, but I still feel incredibly passionately about their music), and heavy metal greats STEMM who just dropped a new album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While watching Season 6 of "So You Think You Can Dance", my favorite dancer turned choreographer, Travis Wall, choreographed a very sexy piece to the song "If It Kills Me" by Jason Mraz.
    Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9xT_wRuyQ

    Since then Jason Mraz has been heavily played on my iPod and holds 3 spots of my top 10 most played songs. A lot of his music is "chillax", "If It Kills Me" is just plain SEXY. The story involved, the sound... all of it! Whew! Is it getting warm in here?

    Because of our beloved Buck Fever, I have O.A.R. on my iPod now... Cutler played them yesterday on the Rowdy Podcast and I think I might be adding more of them. Never heard of them before the podcast and I like what I hear.

    ReplyDelete