Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tantalizing Thursday - Apple Waffles Recipe

We are just starting to get a slight crispness to the air where I live indicating apple-picking season is upon us. Fortunate to live in the area we do, we have several orchards that offer “U-Pick” service. Each September my family and I head to the orchard with our empty paper bag, fill it up with numerous varieties of the best tasting apples that have ever passed my lips, and, as we are encouraged to do, sample away through our ‘chore’. With apples abundant and so devastatingly delicious, we always look for a neat recipe to utilize our surplus, although we all relish an apple as a snack! In my travels I found this recipe to share.




Apple Waffles Recipe
Recipe from http://applerecipes.us

Ingredients:

2 cups milk
2 cups pancake mix
2 eggs
1 cup finely chopped apples
¼ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:

1) Combine milk, pancake mix, eggs, and butter in a large bowl; beat until batter is smooth. Fold in apples.

2) Cook in a hot waffle iron until steaming stops. Serve as desired.


Last autumn I offered up Pumpkin Pancakes and they are still a favorite on cool fall weekend mornings at our house http://chief187.blogspot.com/2010/10/autumn-appetites.html. This Apple Waffles recipe is one to add to the rotation! Served warmed with fresh maple syrup or the kind that comes from the grocery store, some spicy turkey sausage, and a steaming cup of coffee, this breakfast will surely become a favorite!

What are you favorite autumn breakfast treats? Do you favor apple cider donuts, pumpkin muffins,


or cranberry quick bread? Share your favorites, try this new idea, and/or check out last year’s archived recipe for the pumpkin pancakes. Whatever you do, try to indulge in a seasonal recipe this fall!



Please join me tomorrow as we close this celebratory week with the Friday Music Blog!

1 comment:

  1. First time I ever had waffles was the morning after I went to see David Bowie in London in the Summer of 1976, I can still smell the cinnamon :-)

    My favourite breakfast treat is the famous Full English Heart Attack :-

    http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=127667&view=findpost&p=5225108

    with toast on the side :-)

    ReplyDelete