Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Movie Blog - Movies about Boxers/Fighters

Welcome to the Monday Movie Blog on Chief 187 Chatter. The planets aligned themselves

over the weekend and my husband and I were able to attend a movie in the theater. As it does happen rarely, it was an enormous treat to secure a babysitter, settle into the darkened theater, and view a new release, one we had been desperate to see before home release. And it was fabulous, the whole experience. But as wonderful as it was, I still think getting comfy on the couch, having reasonably priced snacks, and the ease of stopping the film to pee or go to bed is far greater than going to the movies. Rest assured, the Monday Movie Blog is here to stay to provide unlimited usage for the home movie watchers!

This week’s focus is favorite movies about boxers/fighters. List your all-time favorite films that have to do with boxers, fighters, or the like. Remember to include the list of stars and a brief synopsis or review of the film.



To access archived Monday Movie Blogs, please type “Monday Movie Blog” in the search feature located in the upper left hand side of the page. Please act freely in the event you would like to add a movie selection to a former topic, including all pertinent information.

I invite you to join me tomorrow for Chief 187 Chatter’s most popular feature of any week,Simple Joys!

3 comments:

  1. I can't say I've ever been a big fight fan, but I did see a movie a while back that impressed me - I just wish I could remember the title: Million Dollar Baby, I think. A not-so young woman aspires to be a boxer and hangs around a gym hoping the owner will train her. He has no interest, his helper sees potential, and of course it all ends up well. It was a different kind of boxing film, and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that "Ali" starring Academy Award Nominee Will Smith is pretty fantastic. I do not watch fight/boxing movies... just not my thing. I'd rather see a movie with beating and banging with a car, not fists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raging Bull a Deniro master piece what a fight movie from start to finish

    Also another offering Cinderella Man a great period story about fighter Jim Braddock (a starkreminder of the depression era) starring Russel Crowe & Renee Zeilweiger a great true story.

    ReplyDelete