Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Movie Blog - Movies Set in San Francisco

Welcome to the Monday Movie Blog on Chief 187 Chatter.


Movies still excite me like little other media can. The opening strains of music, the artistic graphics for the credits that scroll while we try to sink ourselves into the fantasy of the movie world, and the scrumptious smell, feel, and taste of hot buttered (sinful) popcorn we invariably eat when we pop in a flick elicits excitement unmatched by television programming.

Sure I love to go to the theater to see a movie, but my life revolves more around the home, so my couch is the seat and my television the screen. We turn the lights off instead of dim them, but the overall effect is still the same, magical!





This week’s focus is movies set in San Francisco. List any and all movie set in the Golden Gate City. Be sure to include a list of the major stars as well as a brief synopsis or review.




To access archived Monday Movie Blogs, type “Monday Movie Blog” into the search feature located in the top left hand corner of this page. Feel free to add more comments/selections to the various topics and enjoy using this resource.



Please join me tomorrow for Chief 187 Chatter’s most popular feature of every week, Simple Joys. We will be celebrating the site's one year anniversary as well!

2 comments:

  1. The SF film that made the biggest impact on me in the cinema is Bullet staring an evil sounding Ford Mustang driven by Steve McQueen. I forget the plot but the car chase with the baddies in a Dodge was sensational, though now nearly 40 years on I can see the shooting and editing of the film has several flaws including the same half a dozen cars being used as civilian traffic.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4QHv81GlD8&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chinatown Jack Nicholson &Faye Dunaway a classic detective film noir styled film. Makes my nose hurt remembering this one!

    ReplyDelete