Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Music Blog - Songs about Leaving

Welcome to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187 Chatter. This week was full of extreme emotions for me. A prospect for my writing fell through and I was getting caught up in the "door closing" not the opportunities before me that were limitless and, quite frankly, far


better. Music, my saving grace, helped me work through the emotions, gain confidence in my talents, and remember why I’m doing this in the first place.

This week’s focus is songs that tell of leaving; list any and all songs that fit the category. Please be sure to include the artist.



Another week has passed and I have more milestones to share with you all. The number of followers increased again which honors me so deeply. In addition, the site surpassed the 28,000

pageview mark! It must be noted there were weeks not so long ago that if the site had accumulated one hundred hits in seven days’ time I was overjoyed! This news does nothing short of astonish, please, and humble me.

Please revisit this blog throughout the day/weekend to see all of the selections added by the readers. I invite you to join me back here on Monday for another week of entirely new and

original works by me. Thank you, as always, for your continued readership and support!

5 comments:

  1. The song that came to mind immediately was "Insensitive" by Jann Arden. It is featured in the movie "Bed of Roses" and reminds me of a significant person in my life that left me bitter.

    "It Must Have Been Love" by Roxette is more of a break up song, but again reminds me of a love that went from Jr. High school through just outside of graduation when he left for the military.

    "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morrisette (I always spell her name wrong). This is also could be classified as a break up song, but the lyric "And I'm here to remind you
    Of the mess you left when you went away
    It's not fair to deny me
    Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
    You, you, you oughta know" resonance with me in a huge way... see 1st song selection- same guy. This song lets me get out my frustration, anger, and bitterness when I blast it in the car (sans kids). Yay for Alanis for this song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight and the Pips always comes to mind with the word leaving. So smooth and soulful this song is filled with a melancholy sadness yet a resolved contentment. Hope y'all enjoy it as you hum it ,have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running errands, the song "If You Leave" by OMD came on. That is a leave song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free Bird... Lynyrd Skynyrd.... "If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me?"
    Funeral For A Friend... Elton John
    Daniel... Elton John. "Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane... I can see Daniel waving goodbye"
    Those three are for my brother, Rick. Rick, you are NOT forgotten.
    Promises... Eric Clapton (My wedding song... LOL) "I can be gone when the promises end"
    Tears In Heaven... Eric Clapton. A song about his son who "LEFT US" at the age of 5
    The Load Out... Jackson Brown... A song about having to leave somewhere to get to the "NEXT GIG"
    Don't Look Back... Boston
    No One Left To Run With ... The Allman Brothers About having move on and leave your friends behind.
    New York State Of Mind.... Billy Joel. About leaving somewhere and heading back home.
    I'm Leaving Home... The Beatles
    The Weight... The Band. "I picked up my bags, went looking for a place to hide...."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that a "Prospect" for your writing didn't pan out. I hope (and know) you will have many more opportunities in the future. Hell, even Richard Nixon didn't get the job he wanted (the President) on his first try.
    Hang in there, get yourself a good pair of sunglasses, because "Your Future Looks Bright!"

    ReplyDelete