Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Simple Joys

Welcome to Simple Joys on Chief 187™Chatter.

Some weeks I wax poetic about the pure necessity of finding my Simple Joys and other weeks I rejoice in the happiness they provide.

The bottom line is, Simple Joys enrich my life, create a bridge when I am stranded on the island of frustration and stress, and help me find perspective when things seem to be spiraling out of control.

Now, without further ado, is today’s Simple Joys.


Wednesday Treat. Wednesdays are typically my busiest days that keep me out of the house for hours on end with three children who are in various stages of hunger, boredom, tiredness, and hyper-activity. We’ve been doing well with our manic schedule so I’m not complaining.

Last week, however, we had a reprieve when both my son’s den meeting was canceled and my evening commitment was, too. Having time to slow down was a pure Simple Joy.


Friendly’s. Taking advantage of our free time, I arranged for the children and me to dine at one of their favorite restaurants, Friendly’s. For those of you unfamiliar, Friendly’s sells hamburgers, sandwiches, and salads, but is best known for their outrageous ice cream concoctions.

My children all ate well, behaved well, and were thrilled with their ice cream treats. Eating alone in a restaurant with three children (severely outnumbered) can be risky and burdensome, but our experience was truly a Simple Joy!


Bedtime. Once we returned home from dinner I instructed the children to go directly upstairs to change for bed, insisting no televisions be turned on.

They ran up, started chasing one another then decided to bounce on their father and my bed.

They laughed, tickled each other, and screamed in pure bliss for nearly twenty minutes!

Hearing my three children getting along, regaled in laughter, and NOT fighting with one another was another rare and heart-warming Simple Joy.


Mending. My mother, bless her heart, is not a very good seamstress. She could sew a button, fix a hem or sew on a Girl Scout Patch (well, one time she sewed the sash and patch into her robe!), but she was not the most talented. Fortunately she did teach me those techniques, equipped me with the correct tools, and wished me well.

The last thing I did on my Wednesday night off was mend my daughter’s Princess dresses that she is very hard on, after all, she’s two! It took me a great deal of time and concentration, but to see the garments fixed and wearable yet still pretty made me feel like a Rock Star Mom! Simple Joys to the nth degree!



Girl’s Night Out. I don’t get to enjoy these often enough so when one comes up you can be darn sure I’ll post it.

Lovely ladies who are all highly intelligent, super gorgeous, and freakin’ hilarious eating sushi on a Saturday night is my idea of fun and that's exactly how I spent Saturday night!

And as wonderful as that is, snuggling with my husband when I return is even more of a Simple Joy that I relish greatly.

It doesn’t take money, Simple Joys can be created out of any moment or situation. By opening your hearts and mind to Simple Joys, they can be captured. The more you experience the more you will find!

Please join me tomorrow as I wax poetic about yet another topic on Chief 187™Chatter.

2 comments:

  1. My Wednesday simple joy was spooning the cake mix out of the receptacle when I went to visit my Mum. The cake was of course even better !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially the children jumping on the bed and being happy...Life is GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete