Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Music Blog

Last week I took a bit of flack for throwing a grammatical topic at you. Although I can't guarantee it won't happen again, this week will be a reprieve! Looking over the week of blogs I wrote and posted, the ones that garnered the most interest and pageviews were the ones about my husband and my love story and the one entitled "Turn Ons". It seems the whole of my readership has a bent toward human relationships - especially when it comes to love!

To make up for last week's "Songs that contain Adverbs", I'm switching gears entirely and posting the following topic for today's Friday Music Blog:  Songs that Put You in the Mood. I am not qualifying which mood that might be, that is up for your interpretation. Be as coy or as blatant as you'd like. I always prefer giving a wide open topic and see where the pieces lay. As with any music topic I post, the purpose is to get everyone who reads to leave a comment with their selections. We are trying to created comprehensive lists of great music that fits the category. And as base as the topic seems, it does open itself up to several interpretations. My blog is open for all readers and I respectively ask for appropriate content. My regulars never overstep the boundaries of good taste and respect. I welcome any and all of my readers to respond, as long as they adhere to this request.

Wishing you all a wonderful winter weekend. Tonight I am whipping up a batch of Vegetarian Chili from yesterday's blog to entertain our dear friends. Tomorrow my family is attending our oldest child's Pine Wood Derby for the third time. He is most enthused with his car that he worked long and hard on and is anxious to see how far he can take it in the competition! Good luck ML187!!

I look forward to seeing your responses to today's FMB, and am excited to begin another new week of original blogs starting Monday. Remember, Monday is Monday Movie Blog day! Have a great weekend and thank you so much for being with me this week.

6 comments:

  1. Here is a quick one, but I'm hooked on it.

    Is This Love (Bob Marley) - The Corinne Bailey Rae Cover is Exhilarating.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVxaf2booV8

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is difficult! Mainly the reason why it has taken most of the day to respond!

    The song "If It Kills Me" by Jason Mraz.

    It was featured on the TV show "So You Think You Can Dance" and was choreographed by my FAVORITE contestant EVER! To me it was perfection and I love the storyline of the song. Sooo sexy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62SVAHGr1E&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm off work and turn the key and hear 400 hp sing of my exhaust tips, this is what I want to hear.
    In no particular order.

    Long cool woman in a black dress- The Hollies
    Twist & Shout- The Beatles
    All I wanna do- Cheyrl Crow
    Soak Up the Sun- Cheryl Crow
    Green Onion- Booker T & The MG's
    Do you Love Me- The Contours
    Beyond the Sea- Bobby Darin
    Praise You- Fat Boy Slim- Love the beat
    Born To be Wild- Steppenwolf
    Good Vibrations- Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch- Marky Mark or now actor Mark Walberg.

    For the Late nite Mood, Barry White never let me down back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could spend a month or two answering this but I'll start with A Forest by The Cure :-

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZwVgQ4Wq7E&feature=related

    and leave it with Fools Gold by the Stone Roses :-

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4bHMVAKDao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck ML187... I hope all that time in the wind tunnel (ok, in front of that fan) pays off for you. LOL
    Have I Told You Lately That I Love You... Rod Stewart
    South City Midnight Lady... Doobie Brothers
    When A Man Loves A Woman... Percy Sledge

    ReplyDelete