Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Music Blog-1948 for Martinsville Speedway

Welcome to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187™Chatter.

The NASCAR juggernaut has arrived in Virginia to race the paper-clip shaped short track of historic Martinsville Speedway.



Created in 1947, the first NASCAR race was run at Martinsville Speedway in 1948. By 1949 Martinsville Speedway was the sixth stop on the tour of what is today called the NASCAR Sprint Cup season. And it still is today.


As this day is set aside for music at Chief 187™Chatter, this week’s focus is songs popular in 1948 or, if you’d rather, artists who were born in 1948. The use of search engines is not only allowed but encouraged to satisfy this prompt! Be sure to include the artist’s name, the name of the song, and any other pertinent information you feel necessary to share.



Be sure to check in with this blog throughout the day and weekend as many add selections at various times. Also, I encourage you to take advantage of the resource that Chief 187™Chatter is becoming. Whether looking for an easy and delicious recipe to prepare or a great movie that someone highly recommends, or simply want to sit back and enjoy several good reads while nursing a steaming cup of coffee or a chilled glass of wine, Chief 187™Chatter offers it all.


If shopping is on your agenda and Amazon is the site you use, please use my link located on the right hand side of this page. By entering through my link, shopping, and checking out in one fell swoop, you pay nothing extra yet I reap a small reward. It is helpful to my organization and I truly appreciate the efforts on your part.


Looking for gear with Chief 187™ on it? Performance t-shirts, clocks, notecards, aprons, or baby gifts? Maybe a night shirt, pajamas, or phone case? How about stickers for your car? I have over 60 items for sale with the Chief 187™ logo, website, and/or my likeness attached. The profits I make from these items allow me to continue to offer my writings here at no cost to you. By purchasing and wearing your Chief 187™ items you support me and help spread the word of what I do. Thank you for your continued support.



Please join me back here on Monday when I begin the week with entirely new, fresh, and original works at
Chief 187(TM)Chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment