Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Music Blog-Album Art


Welcome to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187™Chatter. Last week’s topic resonated strongly among my readership. Thanks to longtime friend and reader Mark the queue was the last album purchased in vinyl. It seemed that this sparked many to come out from “under the woodwork” to leave their selections. I was grateful to see so many responses and intrigued by the diversity. Obviously my readership is comprised of a great many people of my generation and perhaps a wee bit older! One thing we all have in common is a strong and abiding love for music.


This week’s focus is a piggyback-ride on last week’s. A nod to another longtime friend and reader, Marty (aka HK Marty) who suggested a topic I was already formulating: best album art. I don’t like to narrow choices down to one or two so feel free to mention any and all album covers that were mini works-of-art. Be sure to name both the album name and the artist as well as explain why you feel it is among the best.








The Friday Music Blog gets read all day and throughout the weekend. I encourage you all to leave your selections and make a conscious choice to return throughout the day/weekend to explore the new input. In fact, weekends are an ideal time to catch up on archived Chief 187™Chatter posts! Remember to always feel free to leave your comments to any blog here. If you are so inclined, reach me on Twitter @Chief187s to leave me comments, suggestions, criticism or praise.



Chief 187™Chatter reached another milestone on Thursday when it far surpassed 44,000 pageviews! Your support, readership, and belief in me and my writings are vastly important to me. Thank you all so much!

While shopping this weekend, if your purchases take you to Amazon, please use my link located on the right hand sideboard of this page. It costs you absolutely nothing extra and helps me immensely. Also, if you are desiring some Chief 187™Chatter gear, check out my

store at http://cafepress.com/Chief187 for over 60 products to choose. All of these help me continue to provide the top-notch writings you have become used to without having to charge.

I invite you to join me on Monday as we begin the week anew with new and original posts on Chief 187™Chatter.

3 comments:

  1. I gotta go with Sgt Peppers or The Wall for best album art work of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request. The 3D version of it, of course (own two copies)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Feat : Waiting For Columbus........Rush : Rock In Rio......Aerosmith : Toys In The Attic.....Grateful Dead : Crimson White & Indigo.

    The Rolling Stones : Sticky Fingers would get my vote on most clever album. The original had a real working zipper on the jeans.

    ReplyDelete