Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Buying into Disney Magic

I know it’s cliché but it’s true, Disney World really is the happiest place on Earth. I always try to remain nonchalant when going to the amusement park, but no matter how hard I try, I cannot contain my enthusiasm and joy.




Disney World is the real deal. And the only thing better than going there with my husband, is going there with my husband and three children.






First, I completely buy into the whole Princess concept. Having boys I was not privy to what the notion was to be wrapped up in the world of Disney Princesses. Now that I have a daughter of my own, I’m finding out in rapid order.

My two and a half year old received her first Princess costume at Christmas. She was enamored with it instantly and the battle began of when and how to take it off of her when it was bathtime or bedtime. We each embarked on a “learning curve” and by the time we took our girl to Disney World, my little Princess was ready for all of the Disney magic.

Whatever dress she or the droves of other little princesses wore, they were greeted by all staff by their Princess name (i.e. Belle, Cinderella, Ariel, et al). And no child feels out of place for having dressed up because boys and girls alike donned outfits with their favorite characters in mind.

I applaud Disney for embracing the characters created and playing each detail to the hilt so every single child feels special and a part of the day’s fun.


My daughter, though very young, will probably never forget the staff referring to her as Rapunzel when she entered a room, ride, show, or restaurant. It was a part of the Disney experience that made me feel extra-special as well.

Whether my family was meeting Mickey Mouse or watching live action performances with The Little Mermaid or Belle from Beauty and the Beast, each venue was spectacular yet accessible to the children’s many age groups and interest levels.



I felt my family and I were treated to a perfect mix of education, fantasy, fun, arts, music, and so much more. Best of all, I got to witness it all through the eyes of my three delighted children who listened, learned, participated, and looked on with awe.

Crowd control seems to be a Disney specialty. Having taken my family to Disney World over Easter week there were definitely throngs of people to contend. Fortunately, Disney is huge and has the best possible way of dealing with crowds.

I have much to compare it to as we also took our family to Universal Studios Island of Adventure for The World of Harry Potter. Unfortunately, we hardly did much of the park as the lines and waits were horrendous. Chaotic may even be the word I would choose to describe the melee! The following day my family returned to a Disney Park and I quietly vowed to never visit the other park again!


A Disney Vacation takes organizing, saving, devising plans, and lowering expectations on how much you can accomplish in one day. But, making it a priority destination, especially if one has children (but it’s not necessary to have them to go and enjoy) is worth every cent!

I truly do believe that Walt Disney World in Florida is the Happiest Place on Earth. I also believe fervently in “Happily Ever After”.

Please join me tomorrow for a delicious recipe on Tantalizing Thursday spotlighting Kansas fare on Tantalizing Thursday on Chief 187™Chatter.

2 comments: