Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Media Blog-Daytime Talk Shows

Welcome to the Monday Media Blog on Chief 187™Chatter.

The airwaves are littered with them. Performers of all kinds – actors, athletes, journalists – try their hand at the genre.


Some were hugely successful – Phil, Oprah,


Jerry, Ellen

– while others faded away into television trivia.

Talk shows have been a staple on television since its inception. The daytime talk show is a kingpin in the market for its relative reasonable cost to produce.

Actors, chefs, animal trainers all desire air time to talk about their latest project, recipe, or animal curiosity, so talk shows oblige. A steady stream of guests allows for an easy format to fill.

But not everyone succeeds with this formula. To air original programming five days a week that is interesting, entertaining, and doesn’t get stale requires far more work than it seems.




This week’s focus of the Monday Media Blog is favorite daytime talk show of all time. List the program/host and explain why it was/is your favorite.

Did you enjoy the topics that pushed the limits of televisions prudish nature? Did you enjoy the shock approach of certain programs? Are you a star gazer and loved to ogle your celebrity du Jour?

I look forward to reading your selections of favorite daytime talk shows of all time.

Please join me tomorrow for the uplifting and heart-warming Simple Joys on Chief 187™Chatter.

3 comments:

  1. They have TV programming during the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother watch Phil Donahue. I remember his beautiful grey hair and glasses. I don't remember much about the show, but there was an episode with Ryan White that has stayed with me until this day. I remember he was sitting on the stage and there were several kids sitting on the floor around him... Explaining AIDS and how horrible the people of Kokomo, IN were treating him.

    I've been watching Live with Regis & Kathie Lee, Live with Regis, Live with Regis & Kelly and now Live with Kelly for a long time. My mom never failed to record the show when my favorite musical acts were on, you know like NKOTB. ;)

    My mother also watched Oprah, but as the years wore on, I personally only watched certain episodes.

    These days, besides Live with Kelly, I also watch Anderson. I love me some Anderson Cooper with those gorgeous blue eyes, smarts, wit and self-deprecation... however, there have been several episodes that I have just had to skip. Disappointing. I challenge you to find a more beautiful set on TV!

    The entire family enjoys Ellen... She is so clever and her silly segments and games are so fun. She has the most FUN talk show on TV today. :D

    Live, Laugh, DANCE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't really gotten into any of the talk shows...if I hear someone interesting is on I may tune in.

    ReplyDelete