Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Music Blog

Welcome back to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187 Chatter. In recent weeks this blog has found its music-loving audience again and I’m anxious to continue that momentum! This week’s focus is on the best of 1978. Whether hard rock or disco, folk or techno, leave a list of the year’s best selections.

Remember to leave the artist who performed or made the song famous and be sure to only list music released or “popular” in 1978. Research every genre, style, and type of music from Top 40 to Broadway to get the complete retrospective.

As another week closes on Chief 187 Chatter and month eight is laid to rest I am pleased to report that numbers are soaring, readership is up, and my career, both here and at my other sites, is continuing to skyrocket. To see all that I am involved, please view my personal website http://Chief187.com. I picked up two new writing gigs this week and am so excited to add them to my “to do” list. I think you will enjoy it all. Regardless, thank you for your continuing support and readership. I value you all and thank you for making me and Chief 187 Chatter a part of your week.

Please continue to add your song selections throughout the weekend and check out this or any other blogs you may have missed over the weekend. Tomorrow I will be posting an article I wrote for one of my other sites that I'd like you all to read. Please join me this weekend for that posting as well. I’ll see you back here on Monday to begin a whole new week on Chief 187 Chatter.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like we've done this before.

    Shadow Dancing- Andy Gibb
    Night Fever- Bee Gees
    Stayin' Alive- Bee Gees
    How Deep is Your Love- Bee Gees
    Baby Come Back- Player
    With A Little Luck- Wings
    Baker Street- Gerry Rafferty
    Too Much, Too Little, Too Late- Johnny Mathis & Deniece Williams
    Whenever I Call You "Friend"- Kenny Loggins

    I was only 5 at the time, but I remember these being played on the radio frequently. I had a crush on Andy Gibb & remember telling my mom to turn up Shadow Dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birth year... woo hooooo! :)

    Here is a list of some of my faves:

    Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees
    How Deep is Your Love - Bee Gees
    Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel
    We will Rock You / We are the Champions - Queen
    Take a Chance on Me - ABBA
    Can't Smile Without You - Barry Manilow
    Always and Forever - Heatwave

    These were from the top 100 of the year. Go 1978 ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little more trivia:

    on the Broadway musical listing for season 1978-1979 were Ain't Misbehavin', The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, and ... King of Hearts! :)

    You should appreciate that, Candi!

    ReplyDelete