Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Music Blog

Welcome back to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187 Chatter. Last week’s topic of “best albums of all time” brought passionate responses. This week’s focus, keeping in mind that Mother’s Day is on Sunday, will be “music you’d put on your mom’s playlist”. If you were to make your mother a playlist on your iPod or MP3 player, a mixed CD or tape, what songs would you include on it? They can be songs you know she loves, or songs that remind you of her, or, of course, a combination of the two.

Once again I am in the humbled and overwhelmed state of gratitude to my readers who have came out in full force this week. You embraced every post, from the Monday Movie Blog that enjoyed a strong audience and comments, to the Simple Joys post that is usually the most popular blog of the week. This week, however, you honored my mother and me by flocking to the Mother’s Day post I created in her honor. The numbers soared that day and I was simply delighted!

Looking forward to reading your playlists for your mothers. Wishing all of you who are moms a very Happy Mother’s Day on Sunday. And to all of you who still are lucky enough to have a mother with you, Happy Mother’s Day to her! Enjoy your (her) special day! I will be reading your responses to this week’s FMB topic all weekend. Please join me on Monday when we start the week back up again with the Monday Movie Blog. Until then, Happy Weekend! Happy Mother’s Day!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st off: Happy Mother's Day Chief!

    Play list for my mom? Pretty easy.
    It would include:
    Carpenters
    Neil Diamond
    Il Divo
    Michael Buble
    Canadian Tenors

    Those are her favorite artists off the top of my head. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would fill it with early Beatles and the Everly Brothers as her favorites.

    Then I would include the Circle Game by Joni Mitchell cause it's a song that reminds my Mom of me and becoming a mom for the first time. Even though it's guaranteed to make her cry.

    ReplyDelete