Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tantalizing Thursday-"Boogity Boogity Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce"

Welcome to Tantalizing Thursday on Chief 187™Chatter.

This week, as the haulers brought the racecars to Las Vegas, my taste buds migrated to hankering for a hunk of beef. I recall my mother telling stories of when she was a girl her family would take vacations to Las Vegas. She remarked how a steak dinner would be so reasonable thus I have always associated steak with Vegas!

I belong to several NASCAR discussion groups on Facebook. I post my articles and engage in good-natured discussion and debate. When I recently posted my Tantalizing Thursday piece I had many wonderful comments and even the offer of personal recipes! I was delighted and am thrilled to start sharing those in the weeks to come.

This week’s recipe stays in line with a sauce that goes equally well with pork as it does with steak and was given to me by Chef Eddie Crowther whom I was fortunate to meet and befriend on Facebook.

Chef Killer Eddie's "Boogity Boogity Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce"
Featured on “Bumper 2 Bumper with Eddie Beacon" WNOX FM (Knoxville, TN) 2011




From Chef Eddie’s own hand:
OK, here's what ya need, and don't hesitate to add, subtract, or substitute where you like

Ingredients:

2 cups blueberry fruit topping (pie filler)
1/2 to 1 cup Bourbon, I used Jim Beam
1/2 cup ketchup
4 tsp molasses (sub honey if you like)
1 tsp Allspice

Directions:

Bring to a medium boil in a sauce pan, stirring regularly. Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring until about as thick as BBQ sauce. Try a little taste and add sugar, or more honey if not quite sweet enough - all according to your taste.

Put your Boston Butt in the crockpot with about an inch of water and turn on high for an hour. After an hour, pour the sauce over the top and turn on to LOW. You can baste it every 30 min or so if you’re home, but don't have to.

I went about 7 hours and I could barely dig it out with a big fork because it kept falling apart!



In addition to the Boston Butt, pork cut that, when smoked or barbequed, is a southern tradition, Chef Eddie sent me pictures of this scrumptious sauce slathered on a filet mignon! This ties back to my idea of steak in Vegas! Truly a versatile and unique recipe.




I love sweet and savory and I love me some coleslaw with my barbeque so I would recommend that as a side dish and maybe some downhome corn bread to slop up the sauce left on the plate!

Thank you to Chef Eddie for sharing his recipe with me and my readers.



Please join me tomorrow for the week-ending and popular Friday Music Blog on Chief 187™Chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment