Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Music Blog-Favorite Country Music

Welcome to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187™Chatter.

Now that the NASCAR races are back in the south it will be fun exploring some different topics musically.

This weekend’s race is in Bristol, Tennessee at the half-mile short track Bristol Motor Speedway!




One of the stand outs on the NASCAR Sprint Cup circuit, Bristol has legendary crowds (the venue now holds at least 160,000 in its diminutive setting), a colorful history, and a flamboyant reputation.






This week’s focus in honor of the Food City 500 being run at Bristol Motor Speedway is favorite country music. This can be old school Hank Williams to The Judds of the 1980s and 1990s, Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn, or Taylor Swift of today or anyone and everyone in between. Name your favorite songs along with the artist’s version that you prefer.




As a bonus topic I’m asking for any and all of your favorite Irish music in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday March 17th. Celtic to U2 is all welcome – school me on what else exists! Leave these responses in addition to the country music ones below.

Continue to check back with this post throughout the day and weekend as people tend to continuously add to it. Weekends are also a wonderful time to catch up on archived Chief 187™Chatter blogs. Whether you need a great recipe, a good movie title, or a feel-good read, this site has it all!


Shopping at Amazon? Please use my link located on the right hand side of this page. If you enter through my link, browse, add items to your cart, and check out in one fell swoop, I benefit at no extra cost to you. This helps a lot in keeping all I do at this site free of charge for your enjoyment.

Aching to own some gear stating your love of Chief 187™? I can help! Shop my store with over 60 items ranging from stickers for your car to water bottles, notecards to performance tees, and aprons to clocks! There is virtually something for everyone! Don’t see it? Let me know what you are looking for and I’ll design it! To shop please visit (copy and paste) http://cafepress.com/Chief187. Thank you!



I invite you all back here on Monday to begin another all new week of fresh and original blogs on Chief 187™Chatter!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this blog. Good collection . I am too fond of music . Keep sharing.
    hollywood movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all-time favorite country song is:
    "Shameless" by Garth Brooks.
    Everything about it is perfect.

    Other Favorites:
    That Ain't No Way to Go- Brooks & Dunn
    Friends in Low Places- Garth Brooks
    Unanswered Prayers- Garth Brooks
    I Fall to Pieces- Patsy Cline
    Crazy- Patsy Cline
    Your Love Amazes Me- John Berry
    You and Only You- John Berry
    I Do- Paul Brandt
    I Meant to Do That- Paul Brandt
    Bless the Broken Road- Rascal Flatts
    What Hurts the Most- Rascal Flatts
    The Night When the Lights Went Out in Georgia- Reba
    Is There Life Out There- Reba (last year this was my anthem

    A song that is special to me, just based on the title:
    "Heads Carolina, Tails California"- Jo De Messina
    :) As this includes the 2 states I have ever lived in (well, except NJ).

    ReplyDelete