Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Media Blog-Prom

Welcome to the Monday Media Blog on Chief 187™Chatter.

As the days grow ever longer, the mercury rises, and the school year winds down, Prom is on the mind of millions of teenagers across the country.



A rite of passage, a delineation of underclassman to upperclassman and a formal that is the pinnacle of the high school experience, Prom is still an event to remember for a lifetime for many.

Whether you attended your Prom(s) or made a decision to not attend for various reasons, it is still a memory either way.


I grew up in the 1980s when teen movies were mainstays in the theaters.












I begged my mother to buy me the Seventeen Magazine Prom Edition, a tome that had a rainbow of prom fashions amongst its pages.



Since I was a pre-teen I poured over each year’s issue, day-dreamed about the “perfect” dress, date, and experience.


I was lucky enough to attend two proms, one as a freshmen and one for my last year in high school.









I definitely did well with the dresses and actually did score the “perfect” date both times, but the experience itself was never like the movies!





Regardless, the movies captured my imagination, stoked my passionate fires, and forever romanticized high school prom to me.

This week’s focus, if it wasn’t obvious enough, is favorite movie(s) featuring prom. Prom need not be the only plot, but prom must be featured or mentioned in the movie to qualify for this prompt.

Can you identify the young man in each of my prom pictures? Leave your answer in the comments section!

Please join me tomorrow for the ever-popular and mood lightening Simple Joys on Chief 187™Chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment