Wednesday, November 23, 2011

T'was the Night Before Thanksgiving!

T’was the night before Thanksgiving when all through the house
Every creature was stirring, including the mouse!



The pies were cooling by the window sills with care
In hopes that Grandma and Grandpa soon would be there!




The children were dressed like Pilgrims and Braves


And were tickled to be off from school for days!



While Mom and Dad stuffed the turkey and cleaned

Baby sister just ran around the rooms and screamed!





When what to our wondering eyes did appear
But a Volvo filled with gifts ‘ear to ear’!




Grandma and Grandpa arrived giving hugs
While Daddy inspected the car's grill for dead bugs.



The mood was festive and bright
And no one wanted to say “good night”.






But at last we all went to bed,
Full of excitement for the day ahead!






I wrote this poem (with a nod to Clement Clark Moore, the author of the poem “A Visit from St. Nick” that this post was based and apologies to Dav Pilkey who published a book of the same name) last year when my daughter was one. I’m not quite sure how a year can possibly pass so quickly or how my now two-year-old daughter could have grown and changed so much, but that is the magic of time. I hope you enjoyed this musing. True to form, we at Casa 187 are anticipating the visit of Grandma and Grandpa and, thankfully, Great-Grandpa this year! Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! Please join me tomorrow for a special entry on Chief 187™Chatter.

7 comments:

  1. I see pecan pie in that window! LOL! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the students aren't the only ones who are tickled to be out of school for a few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw. thank you for sharing. Now I feel like it's Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to write you all yesterday via facebook. Do not know if you received message. Everything OK. Travels went without a hitch, enjoying the cruise. Happy T;day to all. Great poem.
    Love to all
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute poem, Candice. Best wishes to you and your family as you celebrate the holiday.

    Is that a pecan pie on your window sill? Hmmm... you're not that far from here... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This adorable Poem has me READY to hit the road!!!(After work) I downloaded the unabridged Twilight Audiobooks on iTunes!! �� I'm driving 11 hours (Palmetto, FL to Knoxville, TN (Home) for the Holidays!!! YIPEE!!!! #MomAndDadMakeEVERYTHING BETTER!!! ;-) ������ Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! "See" YOU #Tomorrow ;-)
    #MuchLOVE
    Dr. Mo (@FitInMyHeart)

    ReplyDelete