Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Music Bog - Black Friday Edition

Welcome to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187™Chatter. We are on the most heralded Friday of the year for American retailers, Black Friday. Today the Christmas shopping season


begins in earnest and, like it or lump it, stores, radio stations, and towns are all Christmas all the time from now through the end of the year. I for, one, enjoy this season immensely as I find it to be a source of joy, comfort, and pleasure. I do acutely understand, however, that for others this season is a trying time. My goal is always to try to make each season, each week, and each day a source of Simple Joys through this blog. If Christmas Season is historically a troubling time, I hope that reading my daily blogs at Chief 187™Chatter will help cheer you. Music has always provided a mood elevation for me.




This week’s focus is favorite Christmas music. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em, but listen to the music YOU like. List your favorite Christmas songs, tunes, carols, and hymns including the artist’s version you prefer. If you enjoy entire albums of Christmas music, include those too.

This has been another banner week at Chief 187™Chatter. I am so pleased to announce that the site picked up another two followers making the total eighty-three. The site also surpassed the milestone 35000 pageviews and is far on its way to reaching 36000! On the heels of my

Thanksgiving Gratefulness blog, I want to take another opportunity to thank each and every one of you for visiting the site, reading my work, and sharing it with others. The success of Chief 187™Chatter is all thanks to your engaged readership!

Please continue to check this blog throughout the day and weekend to see the new entries. I encourage you to take some time to read archived material on the site as well. Then I invite you to join me on Monday as we start another week of entirely new and original posts. I’ll be offering tips, hints, recipes, games, gift ideas, and coping-mechanisms to make the 2011 Christmas/Holiday Season successful, enjoyable and tolerable.

11 comments:

  1. Here is a little funky Christmas jam. Be-With-You - Bootsy Collins http://youtu.be/tvfK8GvGVsk

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a fb campaign against a UK programme called X Faktor to make Nirvana the UK number 1 Christmas single this year :-

    http://www.facebook.com/nirvanaforno1?sk=app_153284594738391&app_data=dlt

    so in anticipation of the campaigns success I am going to be wigging out in a festive mood to a Smells Like Teen Spirit sound track this year.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg

    Hello Hello Hello Hello !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Candice;

    Since I've been in radio for so long I must admit Christmas music can be a little "grating" on my nerves. (Please make those crazy singing dogs stop! LOL!) As a result I've hunted for what many would consider hard to find CD's but they are incredibly great too!

    In my Christmas music library - Brian Setzer (Former Stray Cat front man); Chicago and Kenny G just to mention a few.

    Dr. Rus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie and I (being older than dirt) prefer the Christmas classics, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams, etc. No particular favorite, but we have programmed a "channel" on Pandora so we can listen to just this type of music for as long as we want (without having to change CDs).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Carpenters' Christmas album, as well as some of the compilation standards, and Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker ballet. But, my most treasured Christmas music selections are: Mannheim Steamroller's* original Christmas album of 1984 (1st Christmas I spent in the USA) and the Jay Welch Chorale Christmas Classics - stunning arrangements for choir and orchestra - also from the 1980s (a copy of the original LP no longer exists, but there are a handful of archive copies of a close CD available to the public).

    *FYI, "Mannheim Steamroller" was the nickname given to a popular Austro-Germanic musical composition technique in the 1700s - a rising melody that gets louder whilst played over a repeating bass line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're tired of the same old Christmas Music, there are two albums that are a must:
    Indigo Christmas
    Jethro Tull - A Christmas Album

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wife and I like the Brian Setzer Orchestra's Christmas albums. We have several. Also, the one song I will sing along with is "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch".

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Merry Christmas Darling- The Carpenters
    2. Don't Save it All for Christmas Day- Clay Aiken
    3. The entire soundtrack to The Muppet Christmas Carol

    I know there are plenty more, but at the time I can't remember titles. Reserving the right to add more later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love listening to our local radio station, Spirit 105.3, they play continuous Christmas music from Thanksgiving on. There are too many songs that I love this time of year! I do like Emmanuel, Little Town of Bethlehem and Johnny Mathis can sing anything about Christmas too! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to add "John Denver & The Muppets" soundtrack too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yippee!!!!! It's the MOST WONDERFUL TIME of the YEAR!!! *Singing* ��I'm sure you KNOW that I LOVE Christmas tunes!!! #AllOfThem!!! My faves are "What a wonderful world" ~ Louis Armstrong/Kenny G version, "Merry Christmas Darling" ~Carpenters, "Silent Night" ~Temptations (and the Mannheim Steamroller version) "Oh Holy Night" ~ N'Sync (Please don't judge) LOL!! �� "Who could imagine a King" Whitney Houston , The Christmas Song ~Nat King Cole (and Luther Vandross version) Oh Heck... I can go ON & ON!!! *Giggles* Congrats on your views & new followers!!! #SoDeserved ��
    Until next time.... #MuchLove ��
    Dr. Mo (@FitInMyHeart)

    ReplyDelete