Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Music Blog - 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover?

Welcome to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187 Chatter. My husband and I talk about music… a lot. We don’t always agree about everything, but we have a desire to discuss much. One song that brings our debates and chats to a halt is the piece “Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover”,

the Paul Simon work that suggests the possibility of that many ways but falls far short of delivering. My husband loves to rib me that Paul lists only four real ways and I counter that it’s merely a possibility that fifty ways exist. He challenged me to put the subject to you, my faithful and intelligent readership.


This week’s topic is making up lines to the Paul Simon song “Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover” so there are, at the end, indeed fifty ways written to do so. To refresh memories Paul Simon wrote:

Just slip out the back Jack
Make a new plan Stan
Hop on the bus Gus
Drop off the key Lee

I’m not forgetting the line “Don’t need to be coy Roy” because that is not a way to leave your lover. So, I urge you to try your hand and help me get the list to fifty.

For the weekly Chief 187 Chatter announcements I am pleased to share that another follower gained this week brings the total for the site to 79. We also surpassed 32,000

pageviews on Thursday and are now well on the way to the next milestone. I have phased into the Holiday portion of Chief 187 Chatter and will be well ensconced in topics pertaining to

the season until the ball drops in Times Square. I hope you will enjoy, glean some helpful, fun, and peaceful information, and will delight in the Simple Joys the Holiday Season can be.

Please check with this Friday Music Blog throughout the day and weekend to see how the selections continue to grow. I encourage you to read the blogs you may have missed from this week or from previous weeks that interest you. Finally, I invite you to join me on Monday as we begin another new week with original material on Chief 187 Chatter. Enjoy and thank you for your continuing support!

6 comments:

  1. How about "Pack your bag and go, Joe"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good at rhyming, but I know I'll need to put a modern twist on it.

    "Text fast, Jess"
    "Just leave a voice mail, Cale"

    LOL! I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how bout
    "just go off to jail bill"

    oops too close to home..I think Ryan may be right getting to fifty will be a chore.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just send her a TEXT, REX
    Report the car as stolen, Roland
    Have your mail sent to the bar, Bart
    Move to Boston, Austin
    Tell her your just going out for bread, Fred
    Put a full tank of gas in the truck, Buck

    ReplyDelete