Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Media Blog-Summer Olympics Edition

Welcome to the Monday Media Blog on Chief 187™Chatter.


The Summer Olympics are finally here! Open ceremonies start Friday and competition begins the following day. It has been four years since the last Summer Olympics (two since the Winter ones).

If you are like me you adore this competition. I get so excited to root for my country, learn about our athletes, and try to understand the rules and scoring of the many events.




This year, in addition to gymnastics, I will be concentrating on swimming as a spectator with my sons. They are both on a summer swim team and I want them to see the swimmers compete using the same strokes my boys use!




Over the decades movies have been made depicting Olympic storylines, scenes from Olympics, and some with former Olympic stars in the cast. This week’s focus is to list any and all movies that have some connection to Olympics be it winter or summer ones.




The movie can have a brief scene that shows Olympic activity, be set during the Olympics, is about fictitious Olympic athletes, or stars Olympic athletes in a major or bit role.



List the name of the movie, the stars of the film, and be sure to add a brief synopsis or review of the movie.

Please join me tomorrow for the uplifting and ever popular Simple Joys on Chief 187™Chatter.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't watched many Olympic based movies. However, I can quote (or used to be able to) 80% of the movie The Cutting Edge.

    If you haven't seen it, it is about a hockey phenom that has a career ending injury at the Olympics. And a self righteous, spoiled figure skater that can't find a partner to save her life.

    They become partners and the goal is the Olympics... Pretty standard formula as far as movies go. But I love it and will ALWAYS stop to watch no matter where in the movie it is.

    TOE PICK!

    ReplyDelete