Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Music Blog

Welcome back to the end of the week and the Friday Music Blog! The week was eventful for me and filled with long days, excitement, sad news, disappointments, chores, and responsibility, probably just like yours. Professionally I had a career high and a sadness within twenty-four hours. The sadness was the untimely departure of Rowdy co-creator Buck Fever from his podcast/job. For those of you unfamiliar, Rowdy.com is where I found my daily writing chops as a blogger. It is a social networking site for NASCAR fans and, at one time, was the greatest site for NASCAR fans on the web. Buck Fever is a podcaster who is entertaining, knowledgeable, and truly talented. He will be sorely missed. He was not just a guy on the site who was the 'talent', he was so much more - editor, music coordinator, interviewer, hunter/gatherer, blogger, etc. He is also my friend. I will miss him on Rowdy. And Rowdy will surely miss him.

As one door closes, another one must surely open. I believe that. I think many do. I'm hoping Buck Fever finds many fabulous doors opening and walks through the one that will bring him great happiness. Good luck Buck Fever. For today's Friday Music Blog topic, song's with "door" in the title or lyric or, for those of you who don't want to research too long, Doors' songs. 

Thank you for staying with me, reading, commenting, checking back, and supporting me. The weather is beginning to warm up and it's harder to dedicate time to reading blogs. I understand. But I hope you will continue to make Chief 187 Chatter a place to hang out, check out, and get a brief pop of positivity, a quick laugh, or a nodding in agreement moment. I'll be here doing my thing daily and continue to welcome you back when you can spare the time.

Join me on Monday as we embark on yet another week of original and varied blogs. In the meantime, please leave your song selections for this Friday's topic below - songs with "door" in the title, lyric, or Doors' songs.

4 comments:

  1. Knockin at Your Back Door - Deep Purple
    Knockin on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
    My Doorbell - The White Stripes
    Backdoor Man - The Doors
    One Foot Out the Door - Van Halen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, let's start with I'm not going to the Doors themselves. Sorry, never was a big fan of thiers.

    We've got the band 3 Doors Down, and thier song "Live for Today". The chorus being:
    "And god only knows all the places ive been
    But I love this life that I'm living in
    I wont look back to regret yesterday
    Were not handed tomorrow so i'll live for today"

    There's "The door swings both ways" by Herman's Hermits. A pretty good song and somewhat apt for today.

    "Knocking on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dyland
    "Lookin' out my back door" by Creedence Clearwater Revival


    And a whole host of "door" references that are more akin to love/lust songs, not quite what I'm going for here, like Pete Townsend's "Let my love open the door", Deep Purple's "Knockin' at your back door" and Howlin' Wolf's "Back Door Man". Of course, bands like "Girl Next Door" but I didn't see any songs that quite fit for Buck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not... I don't have a single song with "door" in the title... however I'm sure I have plenty with "sad" in them. I don't even have any in my iTunes wish list. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Behind the Locked Door -George Harrison

    ReplyDelete