Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Movie Blog-Favorite Annual Television Christmas Specials

Welcome to the Monday Movie Blog on Chief 187™Chatter. Somehow , no matter how much Christmas is about home, family, charity, Christ, food, music and gifts, I cannot divorce myself from taking cues about the holiday from television. From my earliest days Christmas stayed emblazoned in my memory from the annual specials I used to watch. I learned about Santa Claus’ life, the true meaning of Christmas, and how Santa made it through horrendous weather conditions. My Christmas education was solidified on my television; I was loyal to the schedule when the specials aired and never missed them as there were no videos/DVDs/BluRays to pop in if the airdate was missed. As a child of pop culture, a student of Christmas, and a lover of Rankin/Bass, there is no question why I am a Christmas fanatic!


This week’s undeniable focus is annual Christmas television specials. These are the programs that aired once a year throughout the Christmas Season. Most, albeit not all, were created by the team of Rankin/Bass. There were many that populated the airwaves; some are nearly forgotten while others are superstars in the genre. Please list any and all that made an impression on you including a brief description of the special and why you loved it so.



To access former Monday Movie Blogs simply type “Monday Movie Blog” into the search feature located in the upper left hand corner of this page. Find a topic or topics that fit your mood to select a movie. If you come across a category you’d like to add a title, please feel free to do so! This resource is for the entire Chief 187™Chatter readership; the more information the better!

Please join me tomorrow for what is consistently the most popular post on Chief 187™Chatter, Simple Joys!

2 comments:

  1. The fun( and challenge) of trying to see the once a year parade of Christmas specials in the days of three channels on the tv with the family took the word specials to another level ! I too grew up with Rudolph, the Grinch and the Peanuts gang with Merry Christmas Charlie Brown reminding all of the meaning of Christmas and giving. The classic black & white version of Dickens A Christmas Carol fills me with anticipation to this day of selfish stingy & harsh turned kind generous and giving these are our best attributes so I hope to show this and see it in abundance during this holiday season and the new year. Merry Christmas to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rudolph! The Grinch! Charlie Brown! Laurel & Hardy! Now, does anyone remember Alice in Wonderland (in black & white)? Been trying to find it for years...

    ReplyDelete